- 2¼ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 cups strawberries, hulled and stems removed, divided
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. To make the crust, combine almond flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add melted coconut oil and gently stir together until fully mixed. Firmly press mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Place aluminum foil over the pie crust, ensuring that edges are covered. Place pie weights or dried beans in the center and spread around evenly. Place pie pan on a baking sheet and bake with foil on, until lightly set and golden, about 15 minutes. Remove pie weights and uncover and bake for another 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the strawberry filling, in a saucepan, combine 3 cups of hulled and de-stemmed strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and lemon juice. Gently mash with a potato masher until no large chunks of strawberry remain. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, slice the remaining 2 cups of strawberries in half or fourths and set aside in a large bowl.
- Pour heated strawberry mixture over sliced strawberries and gently stir together. Pour filling into cooled piecrust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until firm.